The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grand Barrail, Saint Emilion, France

Upon departing the Spartan life of the spiritually enriching Plum Village, I arrived at the exact opposite end of life's spectrum, the sensually enriching Grand Barrail. The opulence of this wonderful place was in such stark contrast to Le Village du Pruniers that my smiling countenance actually increased. Nirvana has many dimensions.

The staff was so gracious, a warm, smiling graciousness. The spa was so inviting. The restaurant was so delicious. For me, a simple farmer with a life firmly entrenched in the middle of these two extremes, I deeply enjoyed each experience for itself and look forward to a return to each.

I'm sending this to encourage you, should you find that travel brings you to southwestern France, to experience this tremendous place, the Grand Barrail Hotel and Spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment