The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Vancouver Island

As an overview of the trip, I departed Hawaii expecting a relaxing time with friends.  I arrived to watch the finals of a local grass court tennis tournament and to a fine dinner at the Beach House in Qualicum Beach, where my friends live and which was the base for my trip.  The next day's activites included an antique auto show in Parkville as well as a music and art festival in Comox.  The next couple of days were spent aboard my friend's sail boat mostly putzing around, which was very relaxing and playing a little tennis.  The following day I departed Qualicum Beach to visit a Buddhist retreat center on Salt Spring Island (review to follow)and then traveled on to spend a couple of nights in Victoria. My days in Victoria were excellent.  I wandered the city during the day and had excellent food at night.  The first night I ate at Zambri's and the second night at Cafe Brio (reviews to follow).  I drive back to Qualicum Beach for two more days on the sail boat.  My final two days were spent getting back to the Vancouver airport.  I spent my final evening in Richmond, BC, which is Vancouver's chinatown, where I had the finest Chinese dinner I have ever had at Kirin (review to follow).  I'll work on improving the quality of my presentation and I look forward to sharing my adventures.  A hui hou.

No comments:

Post a Comment