The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

A WOW Experience

This is a special place for me.  I often praise their food but this entrée on this evening was more than special.

This local farm raised Grilled Boneless Pork Ribeye was simply perfectly done and was topped with the most delicious Smoked Red Onion Jam.  The taste combination was beyond description.  There was a bit of salt and a bit of sweet, which made me want to hold each bite in my mouth just a bit longer.  Following that taste combination with a sip of excellent Cabernet caused me to sit back for just a second before the next taste.

Complimenting those wonderful tastes were a bed of crisp vegetables, including Fingerling Potatoes, Rainbow Carrots, Heirloom Turnips and Haricot Verte, all dressed in a rich Cabernet reduction sauce.

This meal may never be recreated and it makes me so happy to have been at the right place, at the right time to enjoyed such a wonderful dining experience.  Hooray for Chef Wilson!

No comments:

Post a Comment