The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

L'Envers, the dessert

It's the middle of the night here but I just couldn't get this off my mind. I did not do my dessert at this restaurant justice. To remind you, the dessert was an encrusted chocolate mousse placed in a pool of dark chocolate and accompanied by a large scoop of mint ice cream. The mousse portion was shaped like and about twice as large as a hockey puck.

What I would do was dip my spoon into the hockey puck and then slide it across the chocolate pond. I would allow each bite to slowly dissolve in my mouth before chasing it with a bit of mint ice cream. After each bite I would place my cleanly licked spoon next to my plate. I'd look down, staring at what remained. Over and over, ever so deliberately, I went through this same process until the plate was nearly licked clean. Yes, I really enjoyed this dessert.

Sorry, but, I had to share that...I couldn't sleep for remembering the entire experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment