The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Village Burger in Waimea...excellent...if you're careful.

Tucked just inside the door to the Parker Ranch Center food court is a very good little "burger kiosk" that is putting together some excellent sandwiches.  With the nifty Hawaiian slogan of "Holo I'a ka papa, kau I'a e ka mann" (when there is food, people gather...duh?...the duh? is mine) as their guide they are making beef burgers and fish burgers and mushroom burgers and taro burgers.  Also, they have a wide range of condiments and "outstanding" fries.

My selection  was the fire grilled Hawaiian Red Veal burger served on a crusty bun with a delicious tomato marmalade and sauteed onions.  The meat, which I always order rare, was outstanding.  The burger is very large and it had a good portion of the very nicely spiced tomato marmalade.  My only criticism was that the bun was dry and crumbly.  The next time I will select a different bun, like their chibotta bun, and that will make this sandwich perfect.  I had an order of their excellent fries and and epic chocolate shake.  Overall, the meal reminded me of the corner burger stands when I was growing up in the middle of America.  I am anxious for a return visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment