The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Afternoon in Italy and Germany

In Italy they have the outstanding, in my estimation, tradition of taking a gelato during one’s afternoon stroll.  I would always select a “coppette grande solo Crema Come Una Volta”, which was a large cup of a crème-based gelato with just a hint of lemon.  I firmly believe that I could enjoy that every day for the rest of my life.  It was very relaxing to take one’s cup for a stroll.

In Germany they have a tradition, too.  The German tradition is “Kaffee und Kuchen”, which is simply going to a Konditeria or a café to have cake and coffee.  The cakes are luscious and the coffees are, for me, double espressos.  I would have me afternoon snack and then take my stroll to watch others snack.  They are both very nice and very relaxing afternoon traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment