The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Friday, October 7, 2011

My Drive Out of Italy into Austria

I was ready to depart Trento and to begin the final leg of my voyage home.  I sped north on the autostrada toward Austria and it might have become a blur, except for the unexpected beauty of the Alto Adige.  The Alto Adige is the now Italian but previously German province that borders Austria.

The area was rich with ancient castles perched on hilltops.  There were terraced hillsides filled with vineyards capped by picturesque chateaux.  There were giant cathedrals surrounded by small villages.  Beauty was everywhere and so as I reached the top of the Brennero to begin my descent into Austria I decided I should capture these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment