The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Weissbrau Huber, Freising

Finally, on the day before my departure, I had a good German lunch.  There was a piece of meat covered with fried onions and thin gravy.  The texture of the meat was such that I could have either eaten it…with lots of chewing…or worn it as a shoe.  Brussel sprouts, green beans and carrots, all of which had been slow cooked for at least a few days, surrounded the meat.  I believe that it is very difficult to cook green beans long enough to make them that limp and to still retain the green color and these were still bright green.  Probably better living through chemistry.  The saving grace for this meal was the rasher of fried potatoes, which were excellent.  It was a big meal and it took me two Weissen Bierres to wash it down.  At the end of this meal I was fat and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment