The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Friday, October 7, 2011

The Watermill at Posara

In a picturesque location overlooking an old millstream and in a very rustic, small village, this was an excellent setting for a relaxing, insightful discussion of the vagaries of life.  The facilities were very nice.  The staff was wonderful.  The food prepared on site was excellent.   Run by the beautiful, enigmatic Kerstin, The Watermill was a smoothly functioning retreat from real life.

My initial interest in this seminar may have faded a bit and my enthusiasm for attending was diminished but I can say that the experience was very good for me from several different perspectives.  The event grew on me.

As for my time at Posara, the people were very interesting.  There was the seminar leader, a writer of some renown who was British.  There were four British ladies, a British gentleman, a Danish ex-patriot living in France and me, the American.

Each of the seminar attendees was distinctive and interesting, both individually and in their interaction.  Each brought an interesting slant and perspective to matters being discussed.  Despite not understanding many of their discussions due to language differences, I found their humor, their insight and their unique “persona” very engaging.

The actual subject matter, the successful writing of romantic fiction, was, at least initially, of little interest to me.  However, I will admit that my interest was peaked as the discussions flowed.  The sort of writing being discussed seemed to me to be an exact parallel to issues in my own life and, therefore, caught my attention and growing interest.

As for the leader, Pam (pen name Jessica Hart), she was an intriguing person.  A conflicted woman with more than a few eccentricities, she would, on occasion, reveal her true nature in a lovely smile and heart-felt laugh.  It would be interesting to know her and to see her life.  The bits she revealed were the sorts of things that would be fodder for a delicious novella.  The total package of “Jessica Hart” made the seminar much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment