The Dining and Travel Adventures of a wandering Buddhist

Living in the culinary "now" with no attachment.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Ristorante Centrale, Cremona

Had an interesting lunch in this well hidden and generally non-descript little restaurant.  My meal was an adventure for me.  First I had “Trippa alla Cremonese” which was a very creamy and tender tripe soup.  When covered with grated cheese to add a bit a flavor it was very good.  Second I had “Funghi Porcini Trifolati” which was mushrooms sautéed in butter.  This was very rich with an excellent sauce that required a bit of bread to finish.  Lastly, there was “Mostada di Cremona” which was candied fruit.  It was very sweet and quite spicy.  The food was interesting and I am happy that I have tried it but I doubt I shall dine here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment